Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Girl Scouts Teacher's Appreciation and Mother's Day craft

The best thing about the Cricut is that it has both elaborate and easy cuts/paper piecing.  Some of them are so easy that a child could do it!  Last week (and this week) I will be sharing these crafts with my Girl Scout troops so they can give it to their favorite teacher and their Mom.  All I did was cut and score everything for them and they layered and glued everything themselves.  The older kids (4th and 5th grade) made these last week and it was a huge hit!

Pink tulip for Mom and an apple for teacher!

The post-it note holders were just 3.25"x6.5" scored at 3 1/8" on both sides.  They fold up perfectly to hold half a pad of post-its.  After the kids were done writing a message to their Mom and teacher on the inside, I packaged them in a clear envelope for them.  

I will be doing something a little bit simpler with the 5 and 6 year olds today, so stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment